65 ways to get started with downtown revitalization
Thursday, November 08, 2018
- Join the WEDC Connect Communities program (if you are not already) or consider joining the Main Street program if you’ve been participating in Connect Communities for a while and are ready to take the next step.
- Hold a downtown stakeholder meeting. Show PowerPoint presentations or videos available from Wisconsin Main Street or ask a member of the staff to make a presentation. Then figure out the strengths and weaknesses of your downtown and set some goals.
- Beat the streets … know your constituents and keep them informed! Learn the needs of your downtown businesses by communicating with them on a regular basis. React with appropriate projects.
- Publish a newsletter to keep primary stakeholders and others in the community informed about your progress.
- Educate various stakeholder and community groups about the importance of downtown (see previous list of benefits).